Maracuja (Box of 16 units)
High-Quality Premium product
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
Maracuja is an aromatic tropical fruit with a sweet and sour taste. It is a very interesting fruit for juices, smoothies, salads and desserts. It is a source of provitamin A, vitamin C and minerals, it contains carbohydrates and water, which makes it a perfect food to recover energy after an effort, and a very good choice for your diet.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
Maracuja, also known as passion fruit or granadilla, is an aromatic fruit with a hard, smooth shell, which becomes rough when ripe. The shape of this fruit is round or oval, and inside it is filled with a viscous yellow pulp, with abundant small black seeds. Its taste is sweet and slightly sour.
Properties and Benefits of Maracuja
- It is a fruit rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C which, thanks to its antioxidant properties, prevents ageing, protects against sun damage and strengthens the immune system.
- It contains a high amount of fibre which improves intestinal transit and reduces the risk of gastrointestinal diseases.
- It has potassium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- It has a high iron and flavonoid content.
- Maracuja provides vitality, combats states of stress or depression and helps to lose weight.
- It is ideal for people suffering from hypertension as it considerably lowers blood pressure.
- It helps people who are on diets to lose weight thanks to the satiating power of fibre.
- Combats constipation and improves intestinal transit.
- Reduces blood cholesterol levels.
- Controls blood glucose, which makes it ideal for people with diabetes.
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, it is highly recommended for people with rheumatoid arthritis.
- It helps to eliminate toxic substances from the body and improves the renal system.
- Due to its antibacterial properties, it helps to combat attacks by viruses, bacteria and microbes in the body.
- Because of its contribution of vitamins A and C, its consumption is recommended for those who have a higher risk of suffering from deficiencies of these vitamins: those who have a low-fat diet, pregnancy and breastfeeding periods, people suffering from stress or depressive states, low defences or with chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Fruit name:
- Technical name:
- Passiflora edulis
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruit / Maracuja
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Thick, waxy, delicate and inedible skin. The pulp contains numerous small seeds
- Round or ovoid
- Fibrous and juicy
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Potassium, Phosphorous, and Magnesium
- 4-10 cm in diameter
- All year in tropical countries
No customer reviews for the moment.