Feijoa (Box of 24 units)
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
The feijoa or guava from Brazil is a fruit of opaque green colour and rough appearance, juicy, fleshy and very nutritious with a sweet flavour and aroma similar to strawberries or pineapple. It provides vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, C and E, helps prevent and improve the symptoms of flu-like conditions and is rich in antioxidants. It also provides minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
The feijoa, also known as Brazilian guava, is a juicy, fleshy, green berry with a light jelly flesh, whose taste and sweet aroma resemble strawberry, pineapple, and kiwi at the same time. This applies only to ripe fruit. They are quite large, about five centimetres long and three centimetres in diameter. The fruit comes from an evergreen fruit tree, belonging to the Myrtaceae family. It originated in South America and since then, it has spread to countries as far away as New Zealand, Israel, and France. There are different varieties of smaller or larger sizes. The colour of the peel, depending on the variety, can be dark green or yellow-green, and the peel itself can be smooth or bumpy.
Properties and Benefits of Feijoa
- They provide us with vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, C and E. They also provide valuable minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, zinc, phosphorus, and potassium.
- Thanks to its flavone and cytokine content, it has anti-tumour properties.
- It is beneficial for the thyroid, as it contains iodine.
- It tones the body, helping to combat fatigue, irritability and helps to prevent depression.
- It is an excellent ally to combat cholesterol with its high pectin content.
- Eliminates free radicals with a high concentration of antioxidants.
- Increases the production of red blood cells, which helps to combat anaemia.
- Has antimicrobial and antifungal activity.
- Improves kidney function.
- Fruit name:
- Technical name:
- Acca sellowiana
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Exotic fruits / Feijoa
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Edible berry, with a pleasant aroma. The fruit is fleshy, whitish or yellowish, and fragrant.
- Dark green
- Oblong or ovoid
- Sweet and spicy
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium, and Zinc
- 4-7 cm in length and 3-5 cm in diameter
- High season: May - June / Low season: December - January
No customer reviews for the moment.