Green papaya (Box of 6 units)
High-Quality Premium product
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
Green papayas are higher in potassium and papain than ripe papayas. They are the basis for preparing a typical Thai dish: som Taam (green papaya salad).
IMPORTANT: Not recommended for pregnant women and children under two years of age, as papain consumption is not recommended during this period.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
It is a very nutritious food, rich in antioxidants such as carotene, vitamin C and flavonoids, contains B vitamins, dietary fibre and minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
Properties and Benefits of Green Papaya
- It has a high papain content and helps to reduce inflammation.
- It can improve pathologies such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It has a high antioxidant power that may help prevent clogged arteries and cardiovascular problems.
- Regular consumption of papaya helps to combat constipation.
- It is ideal for weight loss, and its consumption generates a feeling of satiety. It only has 30 calories per 100 grams.
- Thanks to its vitamin C and vitamin E content, together with antioxidants such as beta-carotene and lycopene, it can help reduce cholesterol in the arteries and improve blood circulation.
- It helps in the production of collagen, the most abundant component of skin and bones.
- It helps heal wounds and metabolise fats.
- Fruit name:
- Green papaya
- Technical name:
- Carica papaya
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruits / Papaya
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Ovoid-oblong, pyriform or almost cylindrical, large, fleshy, juicy, longitudinally grooved at the top, yellowish-green, yellow or orange-yellow when ripe
- Oblong or ovoid
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Fibre, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Iron, Sodium, Potassium and Papain
- 10-25 cm in length and 7-15 cm in diameter
- All year in tropical countries
No customer reviews for the moment.