Kumquat (Box of 2 Kg)
Origin: Israel and Spain
>ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
They are small citrus fruits with smooth, thin and edible skin, originally from China. It can be eaten whole, its skin is sweet, while its interior has a sour point. It is a natural antiseptic.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
This fruit tree, from China, is a slow-growing tree, reaching a height of about 5 metres. Its branches are smooth, angular and, in some cases, thorny. The flowers are hermaphrodite, pentamerous and fragrant. They are white and can be found in clusters of 1 to 4 buds. The flesh of the kumquat is orange, moderately acidic, and segmented, a characteristic of other similar fruits such as lemon, orange, or grapefruit. It is the smallest of the citrus fruits, and the only one whose peel can be eaten.
Properties and Benefits of the Kumquat
- Due to its high content of flavonoids and vitamin C, it is a natural antioxidant that helps to take care of cardiovascular health.
- It contains folic acid, essential in the processes of cell division and multiplication that take place in the first months of pregnancy, which is why it is recommended for pregnant women.
- Indicated in cases of iron deficiency anaemia. The vitamin C it contains increases the absorption of iron from food.
- The citric acid content makes it a fruit with antiseptic properties on the digestive and urinary tracts. It also alkalinises the urine, which benefits those with kidney stones (especially uric acid salts) and facilitates the elimination of uric acid.
- Fruit name:
- Technical name:
- Fortunella spp.
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruits / Kumquat
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Small ovoid berry, covered by a hardened orange skin which is edible
- Oblong or ovoid
- Sweet and acidic
- Fibrous and juicy
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Protein, Sodium, Potassium, Calcium and Iron
- 2-5 cm in diameter
- All year round
No customer reviews for the moment.