Granadilla (Box of 18 units)
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
It has a sweet taste and a pleasant aroma. Granadilla is an excellent source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron and fibre. It helps provide essential vitamins for the body such as vitamin B1, B2, C and provitamin A. It also contains protein and carbohydrates.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
The granadilla is a hard-shelled, almost spherical berry, 6-8 cm in diameter, greenish or slightly yellowish as it nears ripening. It has a sweet taste and a pleasant aroma. When the fruit is fully ripe, it is bright yellow and, in most cases, has whitish spots. It has an average of 200-250 seeds inside, wrapped in a greyish translucent, mucilaginous, and acidulous aril that constitutes the edible part. The seeds are black, flat, shield-shaped and have small circular sunken areas and are relatively small and hard.
Properties and Benefits of Granadilla
- It is an excellent source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and iron. It also contains protein and healthy carbohydrates.
- Provides the body with essential vitamins such as vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B9, C, E, K and provitamin A.
- It can be used as a natural tranquiliser, as it is recommended for nerve stabilisation.
- It is very effective as a laxative and digestive stimulant. It also controls acidity and helps to heal stomach ulcers.
- When eaten whole, with seeds, it has a high fibre content, which is very beneficial for health.
- As it is a natural relaxant, it may help people suffering from insomnia to sleep.
- Due to its excellent properties, it can help to eliminate cholesterol in the blood and prevent anaemia.
- It regulates heart rate and blood pressure, thus decreasing the possibility of cardiovascular risks, such as heart attack.
- It helps in the formation of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets in the blood, which are very important for the body.
- Fruit name:
- Technical name:
- Pasiflora ligularis
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruits / Granadilla
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- The peel is thin, smooth, and brittle. The pulp has a very aromatic taste. Contains numerous flat blackish seeds.
- Yellow-orange, with small spots
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium, and Zinc
- 6.5-8 cm in length and 5-7 cm in diameter
- All year in tropical countries
No customer reviews for the moment.