Papaya (Box of 3 units)
High-Quality Premium product
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
The papaya is an exotic globular and elongated fruit of green, pink, orange or yellow colour. It is very juicy and fleshy, has a sweet and mild taste, and is one of the best fruits for the digestive system. It has laxative and detoxifying properties to help purify toxins and waste that accumulate in the intestine.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
The papaya has a very smooth outer texture. It is globose, elongated or oblong and weighs about 600 grams. The colour of the skin can vary between green, pink, orange or yellow. It has a very juicy reddish flesh, similar to that of the melon, with a sweet and mild flavour. It is a very juicy and fleshy fruit. As the plants get older, the fruit decreases in size. The flesh is yellow or orange as it ripens. In the centre, there is a reddish-coloured cell containing many seeds. These seeds are small, rounded and black.
Properties and Benefits of Papaya
- It is an excellent diuretic, as it has abundant water, about 90%.
- It helps to increase the body’s natural defences.
- It favours the formation of collagen (the structural protein par excellence).
- It activates the absorption of iron.
- Acts as an antioxidant against free radicals, responsible for premature cell ageing (lycopene).
- Restores the body’s acid-base balance (minerals).
- Improves constipation (fibre).
- Helps digestion of proteins because of its high papain content.
- Fruit name:
- Technical name:
- Carica papaya
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruits / Papaya
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Ovoid-oblong, pyriform or almost cylindrical, large, fleshy, juicy, longitudinally grooved at the top, yellowish-green, yellow or orange-yellow when ripe
- Yellow or Orange
- Oblong or ovoid
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Fibre, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Iron, Sodium, Potassium and Papain
- 10-25 cm in length and 7-15 cm in diameter
- All year in tropical countries
No customer reviews for the moment.