Colombian Yellow Pitahaya (Box 9 units)
High-Quality Premium product
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
The Colombian yellow pitahaya is also known as dragon fruit. The Colombian yellow pitahaya is an oval-shaped yellow fruit characterised by its sweet and mild taste. It is a very fashionable fruit among healthy food lovers, as its calorie profile is minimal. It has many vitamins and minerals.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
The yellow pitahaya is about 9 cm in length by about 7 cm in width. It is green when it is born and turns yellow when ripe. Its flesh is white and filled with very small black seeds, which are notable for their laxative effect. It has a high sugar content, so its taste is quite sweet. Because of its shape and colour, it is often reminiscent of pineapples. There are two main types of dragon fruit, yellow and red. The shell of the yellow pitahaya is soft, somewhat softer than the red varieties, so this makes the cultivation of yellow pitahaya smaller. It is covered with bark with thorns removed before marketing, while the red pitahaya has no thorns.
Properties and Benefits of the Colombian Yellow Pitahaya
- It is composed mainly of water and contains important minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorus, and an infinity of vitamins (vitamins B1, B2, B3, and C) perfect to keep our organism healthy.
- Pitahaya is a diuretic fruit that, as well as preventing you from retaining liquids, will keep you hydrated.
- It is recommended for people who suffer from high cholesterol and those concerned about strengthening their immune system.
- As it is a source of vitamin C, it is considered a fruit with antioxidant properties. It will delay the signs of ageing in your skin.
- It will be one of your best allies if you want to lose weight because its calorie profile is minimal.
- The seeds present in 60% of the pulp of this exotic fruit improve the intestinal process and prevent constipation.
- Captin is the dominant component in the seeds of dragon fruit or pitaya. It reduces the risk of arrhythmias, as well as improving the functioning of the heart.
- Fruit name:
- Pitahaya or dragon fruit
- Technical name:
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruits / Pitahaya
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- It has an exterior of hard, sharp spines. Smooth and soft interior.
- Smooth and soft
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Calcium, Phosphorous and Iron
- 10 cm in length and 6 cm in diameter
- Mid-autumn to early spring
No customer reviews for the moment.