Jackfruit (11 Kg piece)
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
Jackfruit is considered a superfood because of its high content of phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates and beneficial minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
Jackfruit comes from a tree species native to the southwest of India and the east of the Malaysian peninsula. It is currently cultivated in the West Indies and America. It is a fruit with a very exotic appearance and full of benefits for our organism. This fruit is very common in Southeast Asian cuisines. The pulp inside is yellow and has a sweet, slightly sour taste. The seeds are also edible and are rich in carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.
Properties and Benefits of Jackfruit
- It is a source of antioxidants that protect our body and keep free radicals at bay.
- Good for the circulatory system, as it helps to reduce and control blood pressure levels.
- Good for your eyesight, as its high level of vitamin A helps to maintain healthy vision and prevent night blindness.
- Keeps skin firm, as its high vitamin C content can promote collagen production.
- It helps prevent constipation thanks to its fibre content, which facilitates intestinal transit.
- It has a laxative effect due to its lignan and resin content.
- It helps in cases of physical or mental tiredness, stress, and muscular weakness.
- Its calcium and magnesium content helps to alkalinise the diet and prevent osteoporosis or fibromyalgia.
- Its high potassium content helps to maintain fluid balance in the body and treat fluid retention.
- Fruit name:
- Technical name:
- Artocarpus heterophyllus
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Exotic fruits / Jackfruit
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Large, oblong-globose, yellowish-green fruit with a rough texture and protuberances. Fleshy red to orange and yellow to white flesh.
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Protein, Fibre, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium and Sodium
- 25-100 cm in length and 20-25 cm in diameter
- All year in tropical countries
No customer reviews for the moment.