Pineapple (Box of 1 piece / 2 Kg)
High-Quality Premium product
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
Pineapple is low in calories, and the taste of this fruit is delicious. It contains minerals and vitamins that are indispensable for optimal health.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
This tropical plant presents itself as a basal rosette of rather stiff, sessile, lanceolate leaves and short thorns that can be seen on the edges. They are between 30 centimetres and 1 metre in length. They are slightly concave, forming a sort of gutter that collects rainwater and carries it to the centre of the rosette. The stem of the pineapple is reddish in colour and begins to stand out when the plant is two years old and can reach a height of 1.5 metres. It has leaf axils from which small shoots grow, which are then removed by the growers to reproduce more plants. If the shoots are not removed, they facilitate further fruit production on the plant. From the stems, spikes are born, which will be the inflorescences of the plant. The stems of these spikes thicken due to the presence of several dozen violet flowers. These flowers are hermaphrodites.
Properties and Benefits of Pineapple
- It is a diuretic and detoxifying fruit.
- It contains vitamin C, B1, B6, cholic acid, and minerals such as sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and iron.
- A large part of the composition of pineapple is water and fibre.
- It is low in calories, so it is an ideal fruit for dieters.
- It has an enzyme called bromelain, which provides most of its benefits, improves digestion, and can destroy intestinal parasites.
- Its high fibre content satiates hunger, prevents constipation, normalises intestinal flora, and prevents obesity.
- It helps eliminate retained liquids in the body, achieve a flat stomach, stimulate the kidneys, and eliminate toxic elements.
- It combats high blood pressure.
- It lowers cholesterol in the blood, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Fruit name:
- Technical name:
- Ananas comosus
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruits / Pineapple
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Brown scaly rind, a crown of spiny leaves, and yellow flesh. It is formed from many small fruits that are fused
- Fibrous and juicy
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Vitamin E, Fibre, Bromelain, Potassium, Magnesium, Iodine, Copper and Manganese
- 30 cm in length and 15 cm in diameter
- All year in tropical countries
No customer reviews for the moment.