Green or biche mango (Box of 18 units)
Origin: Dominican Republic
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
The Green or Biche Mango is an unripe mango high in vitamin C and brings many benefits to the body, as it helps with digestive problems, strengthens the immune system, reduces cholesterol, and improves cardiovascular health.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
The Green or Biche Mango is hard, sour, bitter, not so juicy and smaller than when ripe. The mango tree originates from India and is nowadays cultivated in all parts of the world where it is warm enough to be used to. The green mango is not delicious to eat on its own, but it is very good when combined with other ingredients, e.g. for salads or pickles. Like the ripe mango, the green mango is very nutritious, as it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. In addition, it is rich in pectin, antioxidants and acids that are good for the human body, such as citric, malic, succinic and oxalic acids.
Advantages and Benefits of the Green or Biche Mango
- It helps to reduce cholesterol levels thanks to its vitamin C, pectin and fibre.
- The green mango has high levels of potassium, which helps to improve blood flow to the nervous system, control blood pressure and heart rate.
- It promotes vein elasticity, red and white blood cell formation, iron absorption, and prevents bleeding.
- It helps to treat gastrointestinal problems. It is effective in curing diarrhoea, dysentery, morning sickness, chronic dyspepsia, indigestion and constipation.
- It is effective in combating night blindness, thanks to its vitamin A content.
- It contains large amounts of potassium, a component that helps to maintain sodium levels in the body and this helps to maintain fluid levels in the body.
- Thanks to its high vitamin C content, it is used to prevent or treat scurvy.
- It helps to cleanse the intestine, preventing bacterial infections and improving the secretion of bile acids.
- It helps to protect the liver and treat liver diseases.
- It helps to prevent and treat osteoporosis due to its high vitamin K content, which contributes to the formation of calcium in high quantities.
- Thanks to the large amount of antioxidants that green mangoes provide to the body, they are useful to prevent cancer.
- Fruit name:
- Green mango
- Technical name:
- Mangifera indica
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruits / Mango
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Round or oblong fruit, green in colour and smaller than the ripe fruit. Its pulp is fibrous and hard, light green in colour with a slightly acidic and slightly bitter taste
- Round or slightly oblong
- Slightly acidic and mildly bitter
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Protein, Fibre, Calcium, Iron, Sodium, Magnesium and Potassium
- 5-6 cm in diameter
- All year in tropical countries
No customer reviews for the moment.