Tahitian lime (Box of 54 units)
High-Quality Premium product
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
The Tahiti lime or Persian lime is a small, round fruit with an acidic taste. However, it is less acidic than sour lime and does not have the bitterness of the sour lime that masks its flavours. It has very few calories and is rich in Vitamin C, providing 33% of the recommended daily intake.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
The Tahiti lime, also known as Persian lime, Creole lemon, Persian lemon, Mesin lemon or seedless lemon, is about 6 cm in diameter, often with slightly pointed ends. It is usually sold green, although when fully ripe it is yellow. It is larger, with a thicker skin and less acidic and aromatic than the sour lime (Citrus × aurantifolia), which is the most widely cultivated lime worldwide.
Properties and Benefits of the Tahitian lime
- 80% of its composition is water, so its caloric content is very low.
- High vitamin C content, as it has 33% of the recommended daily intake.
- Powerful antioxidant and combats damage caused by free radicals.
- Helps to strengthen the immune system, being an ally to fight colds and infections.
- Promotes the absorption of iron and contributes to the creation of collagen.
- It contains interesting quantities of vitamin A, which helps in the formation of bones and soft tissues.
- It includes vitamin B9 or folic acid, particularly important for DNA production, red blood cell formation and cell growth.
- It provides generous amounts of calcium, phosphorus and, above all, potassium, which work to ensure optimal nerve transmission, muscle contraction, heart and kidney function and water balance.
- The citric acid in the lime has antiseptic and urine-alkalising properties.
- It has a low glycaemic index, helping to keep glucose levels stable.
- Fruit name:
- Tahitian lime
- Technical name:
- Citrus x latifolia
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Tropical fruits / Lime
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- Slightly oval fruit, its skin is green to dark green when ripe and yellow when overripe. The peel is thin, and the pulp is seedless
- Round or slightly oblong
- Fibrous and juicy
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin C, Fibre, Protein, Calcium, Phosphorus and Iron
- 5-7 cm in length and 4-6 cm in diameter
- All year round
No customer reviews for the moment.