Cape gooseberry or Physalis (Box of 12 units of 120 g)
High-Quality Premium product
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENTS IN BARCELONA PROVINCE
The cape gooseberry is a fruit shaped like a globular berry, with a semi-acid and sweet flavour. It falls into the category of superfoods (it has more phytonutrients and antioxidants than other foods) and contains large amounts of phosphorus.
Secure Transactions through Encrypted Payment Gateway
Delivery in 8 days | Wholesale pricing plans
Returns in the first 24 hours. See our return policy
The cape gooseberry (Physalis peruviana) has the shape of a globular berry whose appearance is reminiscent of the cherry or cherry tomato. A covering surrounds it called a calyx, a kind of inedible membranous bladder. The berry contains numerous seeds inside. It has a pleasant, slightly sour, and sweet taste, reminiscent of a mixture of pineapple and maracuja. The fruit is small, spherical, and smooth, depending on the variety, with a diameter of 1.5 to 3.5 centimetres. Its envelopes are markedly ribbed and have a length of about 4 centimetres. Its colour can vary from red to orange when ripe, depending on the variety. Its internal structure is similar to a miniature tomato.
Properties and Benefits of the Cape Gooseberry
- It is a low-calorie fruit, so it is used and suitable for weight loss diets (49 calories per 100g).
- It is an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps to strengthen our immune system naturally.
- It is used to eliminate intestinal parasites.
- Due to its flavonoid content, it is used as a natural tranquiliser.
- A high percentage of calcium.
- It helps to strengthen the optic nerve.
- It contains Vitamin A, which helps to maintain good eyesight and skin.
- It contains Vitamin B1, which contributes to the digestion of carbohydrates.
- It contains Vitamin B3, which aids the digestion of nutrients. Acts as a diuretic.
- Acts as a diuretic.
- It contributes to good cognitive function.
- Fruit name:
- Cape gooseberry
- Technical name:
- Physalis peruviana
- Group / class / family:
- Food & beverages / Exotic fruits / Cape gooseberry
- Measurement unit:
- Kilograms / Pounds
- General description:
- It is a round, yellow, sweet, small fruit
- Nutrient content:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Protein and Phosphorous
- 1.25-2 cm in diameter
- All year round
No customer reviews for the moment.